Hitting a weight loss plateau can be frustrating. It can be so challenging when you have trained hard and been strict with your diet and the scales still show the same numbers. Well don't fret, as weight loss plateaus are actually normal and common and everyone should expect to experience them at some point in their weight loss journey. Here are some simple tips to get you through:
- Keep a record of everything you eat and drink for a week. You may be surprised to learn that you are having a few more wines or slices of bread then you thought. We generally under-estimate our consumption of food.
- Increase the duration or the effort levels in the exercise you are doing. As we get fitter the exercises must get tougher in order to keep seeing results and avoid weight loss plateaus.
- Ensure you are including resistance training in your workouts. Boosting muscles is one of the best ways to speed up your metabolism and burn more calories at rest.
- Weigh yourself less often. You could be losing inches but just because you are not showing loss on the scales doesn't mean you are not reducing your overall size.
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep. Lack of sleep can make it hard to lose weight.
- Lastly keep going, do not give up. We can help you overcome a weight loss plateau by working with you on your overall eating and exercise.